AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY DEVELOPMENT SERVICES (AFDS)
While there are a variety of loans, grants and other assistance available to new agriculture- and forestry-related business, effectively accessing these resources often requires completion of a business plan. Fortunately, Virginia is blessed with a variety of terrific business planning resources:
- Virginia’s Business One Stop website is an ideal place to begin.
- Virginia Small Business Development Centers are located throughout the Commonwealth and provide a variety of assistance, including working with experts in person to develop you plan. To find the one serving your community, click here.
- Virginia FAIRS (The Foundation for Agriculture, Innovation and Rural Sustainability) offers a Virtual Business Center with easy, step-by-step forms that help you create a personalized business plan and financial statements, all for free and at your own schedule, on their website.
- Most of the Commonwealth is served by sites participating in the Virginia Enterprise Initiative, which assist entrepreneurs in starting new businesses and helps disadvantaged individuals gain business skills and access to credit.
- Our partners at the Virginia Economic Development Partnership also have an excellent list of resources for starting your own business.
|T. Robins Buck|
Senior Project Manager
804.371.6094, Cell: 804.840.9449
804.786.6911, Cell: 804.382.4023