AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY DEVELOPMENT SERVICES (AFDS)
AFDS should be your first point of contact when starting a new ag- or forestry-based business in Virginia and will help you get the assistance you need at every step in the process.
Contact us to get started today.
|T. Robins Buck|
Senior Project Manager
804.371.6094, Cell: 804.840.9449
804.786.6911, Cell: 804.382.4023
- Help accessing appropriate business plan preparation resources
- Sharing their knowledge and experience in the agriculture and forestry industry to identify important challenges and opportunities the new business may face
- Connect agricultural businesses with the appropriate department resources, such as such as Food Safety and Inspections or Marketing
- Helping to identify potential regulatory barriers and who to work with to address them
- Provide information and introductions to sources of public and private sector financing resources
- Assisting with site selection by providing industry specific information on infrastructure, workforce, environmental regulations and other critical issues
- Serving as ombudsmen to the localities where the business development is planned
- Work closely with our partners at the Virginia Economic Development Partnership, local and regional economic development offices, and other agencies to ensure they are also engaged with the project
- Assist with grand opening/ribbon cutting event planning, including invitation design and mailing, program development and printing, involving appropriate government officials, and coordinating media coverage