Skip to Content
Agencies | Governor
Search Virginia.Gov


Food Distribution

How to Transfer USDA Foods

Transfers of USDA-donated foods must be approved in advance by the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS) Food Distribution Office to ensure only qualified organizations receive this assistance. In most cases, the organization that wants the food must transport it to its location or agree to pay for distributor delivery. Contact your Regional Commodity Manager about USDA foods you have in excess to your needs or that you want to transfer. Click here to find the Regional Commodity Manager for your location.

Information to Note:

Follow these guidelines.

Copyright © 2015, Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. For Comments or Questions Concerning this Web Site, contact the VDACS Webmaster. WAI Level A Compliant
Web Policy | Contact Us