FIRE STANDARD COMPLIANT CIGARETTE CERTIFICATION
Effective January 1, 2010, cigarette manufacturers shall submit to the Commissioner of the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS) certification that their cigarettes, when applicable, meet the certification requirements of §59.1-293.1 et seq., Code of Virginia, regarding reduced ignition propensity.
SUBMISSION OF REQUIRED INFORMATION AND PAYMENT
All registrations are completed online. Manufacturers may utilize the on-line registration system by selecting the link below:
- Registration fees are $250 per brand style
- For a public search of the participating manufacturers, click here.
- Accepted payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, ACH Transfer.
- For a link to the Statute, click here.
- For the various data elements and documents required in the certification process, click here.
- Accepted formats for required supplemental attachments: PDF, bitmap, jpeg, gif, png.
|The security of your personal information is important to us!|
Diligent efforts are made to ensure the security of COV systems. Before you use this Web site to conduct business with the COV, please ensure your personal computer is not infected with malicious code that collects your personal information. This code is referred to as a keylogger. The way to protect against this is to maintain current Anti-Virus and security patches.
Please contact Sandy Harrington at 804.225.4601 or Sandy.Harrington@vdacs.virginia.gov for additional information.