Madison Tel-O-Auction Lamb and Goat Sales
The Central Virginia Sheep and Wool Producers Association is sponsoring a monthly state graded lamb, sheep, and goat sale at the Madison Livestock Market. Animals will be brought in and sold the same day.
2014 Sale Dates
TAKE-IN TIME - 7 A.M. to 9 A.M.
SALE TIME - 11:00 A.M.
Eastern Orthodox Easter
Eid al Fitr
Eid al Adha
These special sales are sponsored by the Central Virginia Sheep and Wool Producers Association. Sales are held in cooperation with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Virginia Cooperative Extension and the Madison Livestock Market.
If you have any questions, you may contact the Virginia Department of Agriculture Livestock Marketing Specialists. For additional livestock marketing opportunities and locations, contact any Virginia Livestock Auction Market.
For more information contact: Mike Carpenter, 540.434.0779
Your local Extension Office or
Brad Jarvis, 540.948.6881, Madison County Agent.
Toll Free Market Information: 1.800.552.5521
- Only healthy lambs (ewes, wethers and rams), feeder lambs, cull ewes, cull rams, other sheep, and goats suitable for slaughter or feeder purposes will be accepted and offered for sale.
- Market goats accepted with a minimum weight of 30 pounds, preferred weight of 40 pounds and up.
- Animals will be evaluated by VDACS personnel and commingled according to grades.
- Animals will be sold to highest bidder. The seller will accept bids from buyers at the market and will use the Tel-O-Auction.
- The marketing fee will be $2.00/head and plus 1.5% commission to the Madison Market; plus lamb check-off fees.
- Take-in will be from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- The auction sale will begin at 11:30 a.m.
- Producers should consign the sheep/lambs to their local Extension Office by noon Tuesday prior to the sale.