Livestock and Grain MarketsTel-O-Auction Producer Rules and Regulations
- To qualify, feeder cattle must meet minimum requirements established for Virginia Cattlemen's Association sponsored special feeder cattle sales.
- Cattle from different owners may be sold together in a load subject to approval of all consignors.
- We recommend grouping cattle in uniform load lots (45,000 to 50,000 pounds) according to sex, breed, weight and grade. The weight range on any particular lot should not exceed 150 pounds.
- Cattle will not be fed on day of movement and shall be weighed early in the day. Excessively filled cattle may receive a pencil shrink.
- Cattle will be weighed on "stamp beam" certified scales by the Livestock Auction Market handling the transaction or their representative.
- An adjustment in price will be used if the actual weight of cattle is heavier or lighter than the estimate.
- It is recommended that a pencil shrink of 2% be given on any cattle hauled less than 12 miles to a weighing station.
- Buyers are requested to make payment for cattle on the delivery date either by check or wire transfer of funds. Payment arrangements should be made through the livestock market handling the transaction.
- Health papers are required by some states on certain incoming cattle. Sellers will have their veterinarian furnish health papers at buyer's expense.
Producer Rules & Regulations
Copyright © 2014, Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. For Comments or Questions Concerning this Web Site, contact the VDACS Webmaster. WAI Level A Compliant