- Virginia's Tel-O-Auction on-farm feeder cattle sales are held on scheduled Monday nights at 6:00 p.m. by the Virginia Cattlemen's Association.
- Information on the cattle is available one week prior to the sale date from the Virginia Cattlemen's Association at telephone 540.992.1009.
- Prospective buyers should inspect the cattle prior to the sale.
- Buyers must call the Virginia Cattlemen's Association office(540.992.1009) at least 4 hours before sale time to register for the sale.
- Cattle are officially evaluated on USDA grade standards by Virginia Department of Agriculture Livestock Marketing Specialists. They also provide estimated weight ranges, breeds/colors, feed program, health program, flesh condition, and cleanliness score.
- Buyers are to make payment for cattle on the delivery date. Payment arrangements should be made through the livestock auction market or marketing agency handling the transaction.
- An adjustment in price ("slide") will be used if the actual weight of the cattle is heavier or lighter than the estimated weight of the load. The "slide" amount will be announced at the beginning of each sale.
- The successful buyer will pick up cattle within seven (7) days following the sale unless otherwise stated.
- Buyer must give consignor at least 24 hours notice of pick up time.
- Sunday is not considered a delivery day.
- Cattle will be delivered by the seller to the designated weighing station or livestock market.
- Cattle will be weighed on "stamp beam" certified scales by representatives of the Livestock Auction Market handling the transaction.
- Buyers are responsible for obtaining any and all necessary health papers to accompany cattle to their destination.
All sales are held on Monday at 6 p.m., unless otherwise noted. For more information, call VDACS 804.786.3935. VA Cattlemen's 540.992.1009.