2012 PRESS RELEASES
Click here to e-mail this page to a friend.
January 6, 2012
ANNUAL COTTON MEETING FEBRUARY 7 IN FRANKLIN, VIRGINIA
Contact: Elaine J. Lidholm, 804.786.7686
The Thirteenth Annual Virginia Cotton Economics and Production Meeting is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. February 7, 2012, at the Regional Workforce Development Center, Paul D. Camp Community College in Franklin, Virginia. On-site registration is available from 9 to 9:30 a.m., but participants who pre-register may take advantage of a half-price fee.
Organized by the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS), Virginia Cotton Growers Association, Virginia Cotton Board, Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) and the Virginia Farm Bureau Federation, this event includes an economics and production meeting as well as the annual meetings of the Virginia Cotton Growers Association and the Virginia Boll Weevil Eradication Foundation.
The Cotton Economics meeting will take place in the morning, followed by lunch for all paid attendees. The 2012 Annual Statewide Cotton Production Meeting will take place in the afternoon. Topics and speakers include:
- Dr. Don Shurley, University of Georgia Cotton Economist, Cotton Marketing Situation and Outlook
- Robbie Minnich, National Cotton Council, What’s Going On in D.C.?
- Danny Clayton, North Carolina Grower, On Board Module Balers
- Dr. Keith Edmisten, North Carolina State University Extension Specialist, Agronomic Update
- Dr. Ames Herbert, VCE Entomologist, Cotton Insect Pest Management Update
- Dr. Pat Phipps, VCE Plant Pathologist, New Approaches for Disease and Nematode Control
Pesticide recertification credits will be available for those applying and attending
the production sessions.
The registration cost for the meeting is $5 per person in advance or $10 at the door and includes lunch. Send pre-registrations prior to February 3, 2012, to Virginia Cotton Growers Association, P.O. Box 27552, Richmond, VA 23261 with checks payable to the VCGA, Inc. For more information about the meeting, please call 757.569.1100 or 804.290.1153.