2012 PRESS RELEASES
Click here to e-mail this page to a friend.
January 11, 2012
VIRGINIA PESTICIDE CONTROL BOARD TO MEET
Contact: Elaine J. Lidholm, 804.786.7686
The Virginia Pesticide Control Board will meet at 9 a.m. on January 18, 2012, in the second floor Board Room of the Oliver W. Hill Building, 102 Governor Street, in Richmond, Virginia. The meeting is open to the public, who will have an opportunity to provide comments at the beginning of the regular meeting.
Anyone who wishes to be placed on the agenda should call 804.371.6559. People requiring special accommodation in order to participate in the meeting should also call this number before the meeting so that suitable arrangements can be made for any appropriate accommodation.
- 9 a.m. - Call to order/roll call/approval of minutes of October 20, 2011 meeting
- Public comment period
- Project Status - Impact of Pesticides on Honeybees in Virginia - Richard Fell, Professor Emeritus, and Troy D. Anderson, Assistant Professor, Insect Toxicology and Pharmacology, Department of Entomology, Virginia Tech
- Overview - Virginia Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Program - Fred K. Cunningham, Director, Office of Water Permits and Compliance Assistance, Department of Environmental Quality
- Consideration of proposed amendments to 2VAC20-51, Regulations Governing Pesticide Applicator Certification Under Authority of Virginia Pesticide Control Act
- Report on Project Proposal Framework for all proposals, solicited and unsolicited, for funding submitted to the Board
- Status of Pesticide Applicator Training Program
- Reports from the Executive Secretary, VDACS Commissioner, Board Chairman
The next meeting of the Pesticide Control Board will be on April 18, 2012.