Pesticide Applicator Certification
Registered Technician Certification
How to become a Registered Technician
- Receive at least 40 hours on-the-job training in the safe and proper application of pesticides and the Virginia applicator certification core manual, under the direct, on-site supervision of a certified commercial applicator.
- Apply to the Office of Pesticide Services to take the Registered Technician exam, including a $30.00 fee. Complete an Application for Pesticide Registered Technician. Government employees are fee exempt.
- Receive a Notice of Authorization allowing you to take the Registered Technician exam.
- Pass the Registered Technician exam with a score of 76.
Where do I take a Registered Technician Exam?
- At any Virginia DMV Customer Service Center or one of the 12 designated VDACS testing centers, by appointment only.
Copyright © 2013, Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. For Comments or Questions Concerning this Web Site, contact the VDACS Webmaster. WAI Level A Compliant