|EQUINE HERPESVIRUS MYELOENCEPHALOPATHY (EHM)
On May 21, a horse was euthanized due to neurologic disease on a farm in Prince William County. Test results are suspect-positive for the neurologic strain of Equine Herpesvirus-1.
Before starting your home-produced food business, check with the Office of Food Safety and Inspection. Click here for the Home Food Processing Operation Application.
The 2015 Session of the General Assembly authorized VDACS to establish and oversee an industrial hemp research program that will be managed by public universities.
|FRESH FROM THE FARM TO YOU
Click here to find fresh local produce, Virginia farmers’ markets, farm stands, pick-your-own farm locations, recipes and more.
Our Mission and Values
We promote the economic growth and development of Virginia agriculture, provide consumer protection and encourage environmental stewardship.
As part of its commitment to transparency in government, details on these plans and measures are available online through Virginia Performs. The VDACS' Agency Strategic Plan and Service Area Plans are also available on our Web site.
- Agency Organization Chart
- Animal Admissions
- Commercial Feed, Animal Remedies and Pet Product Registration
- Comparative Tables of Title 3.1 and Title 3.2
- Employment Opportunities
- Farm to School Program
- Food Safety Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Alerts (FDA)
- The Virginia Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA Policy)
- Office of Farmland Preservation
- Pesticide Civil Penalty Search
- Public Meeting Notices and Minutes
- Virginia Farm Link Program