May 11, 2023
Virginia Board of Agriculture and Consumer Services to Meet in Richmond on May 18
Contact: Michael Wallace
The Virginia Board of Agriculture and Consumer Services (Board) will meet at 9 a.m. on Thursday, May 18, 2023, in Richmond. The meeting will take place in the Patrick Henry Building, 1111 East Broad Street, East Reading Room, Richmond, VA, 23219.
The meeting agenda is detailed below. The Board will entertain public comment at the conclusion of all other business for a period not to exceed 30 minutes.
- Call to order
- Roll call
- Approval of draft Board meeting minutes from March 23, 2023
- Election of officers
- Board member reports
- Commissioner’s report to Board – Joseph Guthrie, Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Final stage – 2 VAC 5-105 (Regulations for the Inspection of Pet Shops Selling Dogs or Cats) – Dr. Carolynn Bissett, Program Manager, Office of Veterinary Services
- Appointment of Regulatory Advisory Panel for 2 VAC 5-675 (Regulations Governing Pesticide Fees Charged By the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services) – Liza Fleeson Trossbach, Program Manager, Office of Pesticide Services
- Update on VDACS audits of applicators applying fertilizer to non-agricultural land – David Gianino, Program Manager, Office of Plant Industry Services
- Virginia Winery Distribution Company board appointee – Joseph Guthrie, Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Legislative update – Kevin Schmidt, Director, Office of Policy, Planning, and Research
- New business
- Future Board meetings
- Public comment period
Additional meeting information is available on the Virginia Regulatory Town Hall.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files.