Need vaccine? Learn how to get your shot at or call 1-877-VAX-IN VA. Monday-Friday 8am - 6pm. Language translation available. Virginia Relay users dial 7-1-1.

¿Necesitas vacunarte? Enterate como conseguir tu vacuna o llamando al 1-877-829-4682. lunes-viernes 8am a 6pm. Traducción de idiomas en línea disponible. Virginia Relay pueden marcar al 7-1-1.

left side bordertwitter iconfacebook iconinstagram iconflickr iconeva iconright side border


The Extended Equine Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (EECVI) allows horse owners traveling out of state with their animals for horse shows, trail riding and festivals to obtain a CVI that is valid for six months from the CVI inspection date or the Coggins test expiration date, whichever comes first. Virginia horses may travel to 28 states on an EECVI. EECVI is only available online through GlobalVetLink. Prior to each movement, the owner must record movement information into the GlobalVetLink database and obtain a Health Declaration and Movement Permit (HDMP). In order for the EECVI to remain valid, the Coggins test form and the HDMP must be kept together (official digital copies are acceptable).

An EECVI must be obtained through a veterinarian. Please see Resources below for further


If you have questions, please contact the Office of Veterinary Services or GlobalVetLink. If you are planning to import horses into Virginia, please refer to the Virginia admissions requirements for horses.

Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files.