The Central Virginia Sheep and Wool Producers Association sponsors a monthly state graded lamb, sheep and goat sale at the Madison Livestock Market. Sales are held in cooperation with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Virginia Cooperative Extension and the Madison Livestock Market. Animals are brought in and sold the same day.
2023 Sale Dates
- January 11
- February 8
- March 8
- April 12
- May 10
- June 14
- July 12
- August 9
- September 13
- October 11
- November 8
- December 13
- All sheep and lambs must have USDA approved Premise ID tags. If you need tags call 540.209.9120.
- Only healthy animals suitable for slaughter or feeder purposes will be accepted and offered for sale.
- Market goats accepted with a minimum weight of 30 pounds, preferred weight of 40 pounds and up.
- Animals will be evaluated by VDACS personnel and commingled according to grades.
- Animals will be sold to highest bidder. The sale will accept bids from buyers at the market and will use the Tel-O-Auction.
- The marketing fee will be $2.00/head lambs, $2.25/head goats and plus 1.5% commission to the Madison Market; plus lamb check-off fees.
- Take-in will be from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- The auction sale will begin at 11 a.m.
- Producers should consign the sheep/lambs to their local Extension Office by noon Tuesday prior to the sale.
VDACS Livestock Services
Virginia Cooperative Extension, Madison County
Click here for additional Livestock Services contacts.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files.