Sales are held in cooperation with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and the Monterey Stockyards LLC. Animals are brought in and sold the same day.
2023 Sale Dates
- January 4
- February 1
- March 1
- April 5
- May 3
- June 14
- July 19
- August 2
- September 6
- October 4
- November 1
- December 6
- All sheep and lambs must have USDA approved Premise ID tags. If you need tags call 540.209.9120.
- Healthy lambs (ewes, wethers and rams), feeder lambs, cull ewes, cull rams and other sheep suitable for slaughter or feeder purposes will be accepted and offered for sale.
- Lambs and sheep will be evaluated by VDACS personnel and commingled according to grades.
- Animals will be sold to highest bidder. The sale will accept bids from buyers at the market and will use the Tel-O-Auction.
- The marketing fee will be the regular commission charged by Monterey Stockyards, LLC.
- Take-in will be from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The auction sale will begin at 2 p.m.
VDACS Livestock Services
Monterey Stockyards, LLC.
Click here for additional Livestock Services contacts.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files.