The Rockingham Sheep and Wool Association sponsors state graded lamb and sheep sales at the Rockingham Livestock Sales in Harrisonburg. Animals are brought in and sold the same day.
2023 Sale Dates
- January 19
- February 16
- March 16
- April 12
- May 17
- June 14
- July 20
- August 16
- September 21
- October 19
- November 16
- December 21
- All sheep, lambs and goats must have USDA approved Premise ID tags. If you need tags call 540.209.9120.
- Only healthy lambs (ewes, wethers and rams), feeder lambs, cull ewes, cull rams and other sheep suitable for slaughter or feeder purposes will be accepted and offered for sale.
- Animals will be evaluated by VDACS personnel and commingled according to grades.
- Animals will be sold to highest bidder. The sale will accept bids from buyers at the market and will use the Tel-O-Auction.
- The marketing fee will be the regular commission charged by Rockingham Livestock Sales, plus 25 cents per head association fee.
- Take-in will be from 6:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The auction sale will begin at 2 p.m.
- Producers should call and consign their sheep/lambs at Rockingham Livestock 540.434.6765.
VDACS Livestock Services
Rockingham Livestock Sales
Click here for additional Livestock Services contacts.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files.